An American in Paris is a classic movie and beloved Broadway musical that has delighted audiences for years. However, it doesn’t look like an Italian version will be happening any time soon, especially after this most recent incident involving three American students who are currently living in Florence, Italy.

The 20-year-old girls purchased pasta from a nearby market with the intention of making it for dinner. Things went slightly awry when they placed the pasta (sans water) into a pot and turn the stovetop on. Suffice to say, the dry noodles quickly caught fire, prompting the girls to immediately call for the help of local firefighters. They arrived armed with the missing ingredient and ready to save the day. Thankfully, no one was harmed and the only minor damage was to some, “kitchen furniture.”

When word got out that the girls had informed the police about not knowing water was needed to make pasta, Italians had a field day.

“Return to the USA to eat hamburgers & chips from [McDonald’s],” one person said. Another person attempted to explain how the situation happened saying, “It derives from the fact that in the USA everything is bought already COOKED, American women in the kitchen are a disaster, they do not even know how to make a hard egg.”

Fortunately, one kind soul took pity on the girls and has offered up a solution. The famous Florentine chef Fabio Picchi of the restaurant Cibréo generously said he will give them a free four-hour Italian cooking class followed by lunch with him at his restaurant.

After being asked why he reached out to the girls with this offer, he responded by saying, “I feel guilty. I feel there was a strong communication deficit on the part of this city…I think this can be useful to them, but also to us. Understanding is always, with simplicity and cognition, what is beautiful and necessary.”

If you liked this article, make sure to SHARE it on FACEBOOK and COMMENT below!